If you become someone that refuses to never give up you will be amazed at how successful you can become. Develop a mentality and a mindset where it is ok to fail. Failure is part of the journey to your success. Many people stop at their first failure because they don’t like it, and they feel, that is when they are supposed to give up. We all failure, it is the most powerful instrument we can use, but it all falls down to how we choose to use it.The true champions and the ones that become successful are the ones that do the things that others won’t do. If you want to achieve something or become successful at something, the simplest formula is:
Consistency + Determination + Resilience = Success
In the end, nothing in this world will ever mean anything unless we take risks, step outside of our comfort zone and go for it. Resilience is the heart and soul of all accomplishments and achievements that have ever been and are ever going to be on this planet. Resilience in its simplest form is people who develop a mindset where failure is not in their vocabulary but rather they see failure as a perfect opportunity to; learn, grow and develop. How we think, and how we choose to think is ultimately what distinguishes us from all other life forms and more importantly from each other. How we think, changes everything!
Here are 10 tips to help develop your resilience:
- Be more optimistic – “Live life as though it is rigged in your favor.” Rumi
- Set Goals – Make sure you write them down and review them every day.
- View obstacles and problems as a stepping stone, helping you find the right path.
- Surround yourself with positive people, that inspire you and celebrate your achievements.
- Develop your own self-affirmation. Thoughts can become actions and actions can become reality. “I am the greatest.” Muhammad Ali.
- Try to find your calling in life, your sense of purpose. Always seek to help others in a positive way,
- Become a life long learner. If you are open to it you will learn something new every day.
- Develop emotional intelligence, work with your emotions e.g use anger to power action.
- Embrace Change, be inspired not threatened by it and realise that nothing lasts forever.
- Ask for help when you need it. asking for help is a strength, not a weakness.
Advice from Steve Round and students about the importance of having Resilience in sport and education.